middle eastern tomato ginger soup recipe
Recipe date: 11/11/2014
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 kilo tomato, peeled with juice or canned
2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons ginger, minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
Salt and pepper
Sour cream or yogurt, fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Mix in tomatoes, stock, ginger, sugar and cumin till well combined.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper, let boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pure in electric mixer then heat once more.
- Serve hot and garnish with sour cream or yogurt and fresh basil leaves